How to configure “The Really Simple Twitter Feed” widget
9:34 am | January 29, 2014 | Posted in Help
- Make Sure the plugin is “Activated”. Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and find The Really Simple Twitter Feed and click activate.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag the Really Simple Twitter widget to your desired Widget Area
- Next is the fun part. In order to get the feed to connect to you twitter account you need to create a new application.
- Click the here link and log in to your twitter account.
- Click the Create a new application button.
- Fill out the required fields, agree to the terms and enter in the captcha.
- Now grab the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret and throw them into the appropriate fields in the widget.
- Back on the Twitter Developer Page click the Create my access token button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the OAuth tool tab near the top of the page.
- Now grad the Access Token and Access Token Secret and copy and paste them into their respective fields.
- Enter your Twitter username in the widget box and adjust the remain settings as desired.
- Click save and go to your page and you should see you’re twitter feed.