Deadline Extended! Please SUBMIT by December 14, 2014!
Hot dogs roasting on charcoal barbecues. Chance encounters with our favorite Green Bay Packers players. Connecting couchside with family and friends as we cheer on our team to victory!
As a journal of the arts based in Titletown herself, Packers Pride is in our blood. To celebrate the newfound affiliation of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay as a “Higher Education Partner of the Green Bay Packers,” Sheepshead Review announces a brand new contest:
UW-Green Bay’s nationally recognized journal of the arts, Sheepshead Review seeks short, imaginative prose, poetry, and artwork that paints a vivid story of Packers players, team pride, tailgating, or other Packers experiences. The theme, in short, is all things Packers & Green and Gold. We’re aiming to celebrate the team and are looking for the most memorable pieces that we can all share with our families and loved ones.
Contest winners will be published in a pocket-sized mini-journal distributed around UW-Green Bay and the city of Green Bay, and recognized on our website in January 2015.
Sheepshead Review Green Bay Packers Fan Fiction & Green and Gold Contest Rules:
- The Contest accepts submissions in Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, and Visual Arts related to the Packers and Green & Gold. **When submitting, please make sure to make a note of the Genre of your piece.**
- Fiction and Nonfiction submissions are limited to 500 words.
- Poems are limited to 20 lines or fewer.
- Visual Arts submissions may be photography— or scans of paintings, sketches or mixed-media objects. All submissions should be in 300 dpi resolution.
- Submissions must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Submissions disparaging the Packers brand, team, players, namesakes, or staff, former or present, will not be considered.
- We accept submissions GLOBALLY Submissions are not restricted to residents of Green Bay, Wisconsin, or UWGB.
- All Contest Winners will receive five copies of the mini-journal.
The contest opens for submissions on October 29 2014. The deadline for submissions is December 14, 2014.