The Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) is offering several webinars during the month of December. See ETF’s information below regarding their upcoming webinars.
Find out how making additional contributions to your WRS account can potentially increase your retirement. This webinar also provides examples of how contributions grow over time with interest, how to pay additional contributions (payroll deduction or direct pay), etc.
- Tuesday Dec 9, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday Dec 11, 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Monday Dec 15, Noon – 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday Dec 18, 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Choosing a WRS annuity option is one of the most important decisions you will face. This webinar will cover all of the WRS annuity options and help you understand them so that you can make an informed decision. We will also explain the important differences between a beneficiary and a named survivor.
- Thursday Dec 11, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday Dec 16, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Friday Dec 19, Noon – 12:30 p.m.
Choosing When to Retire
This webinar will focus primarily on choosing your optimal termination and WRS benefit effective dates. The focus will include not only the “December versus January” decision, but also how retirement timing at any point during the year can affect your retirement annuity amount and other employee retirement benefits as well.
*Please note that due to the popularity of this webinar your registration will be approved on a first come first serve basis if your registration is denied it is due to the webinar being at maximum capacity. Please choose a new date/time if this should happen. Thank you*
- Wednesday Dec 10, 11:30 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesday Dec 16, 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Dec 17, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
WRS Employee and Employer Contribution Rates
This webinar will review how employer and employee contributions help keep the WRS fully funded. We will discuss how the contribution rates are calculated, why they change annually, where those dollars go and the contribution rate changes for 2015.
- Tuesday Dec 9, 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Dec 17, 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.